Dalan has Wednesdays off so we decided to take the kids to the lake today. We were a little sceptical because this is the 1st time the boat has been out this summer and in the past that is not the trip you want to take 4 little kids on. But it went GREAT.. The boat started, ya, the 1st time.. It never staled or made a weird noise. It was perfect. The kids had so much fun. At first they did not want to get in the water (don't blame them neither did I) It looked disgusting. BROWN. So what did my kids call it----POOP WATER--- yes POOP WATER. So Dalan made the comment that he was getting in to cool off or he was going to DIE.. So Hailey starts wining that she doesn't want to DIE but she also doesn't want to go into the POOP WATER. Once we got all the kids in the water they loved it. They swam everywhere and once we felt how nice the water was we forgot we were swimming in POOP WATER.
The kids went tubing, Hailey volunteered first and made it clear that I was not going with her. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She surprises me every day. Brayden went next and had a blast. Dalan even gave him a few bumps. Ashlyn did not want to go but if you know us, everyone goes whether you want to or not. She held on for dear life and was happy to get back in the boat.
We then moved on to knee boarding. I was first (yes me, I know knee boarding come on) I did not strap my knees in the board so the 1st real big bump I went flying one direction and the board the opposite. Now I know you are thinking HELLO why aren't you wake boarding, my only excuse is because we did not take the wake boards, we were just planning on tubing with the kids. So I was trying to play it cool for my kids.
I got Brayden out on the knee board and he did awesome. So picture this...Dalan is driving the boat while holding Bryson, my 5 year old is holding in for dear life and I am in the middle of the lake by my self watching my family drive away.
Bryson loved the water (big surprise) He never cried the whole trip and was ok wearing his life jacket. His favorite part of the trip was when Dalan let him drive the boat. I tried to get a picture of them and Bryson would not look at me. He just wanted the wheel.
We also learned about Vaulters today. There were like 10 at the lake today. We explained what they were to the kids and what they were waiting to eat/ and what 2 of them were already eating. The kids then curled up in a ball to hide from the Vaulters so they did not get eaten. They are so brave.
Bryson was so tired he passed out on the way home with milk dripping down his face. What a trooper.
This trip is probably about the most exciting thing we have done all summer.



6 comments:
That's so fun. You have such a cute family. I showed this to Brooke.
Brooke says "Brayden got to drive the boat?! Cool. That's funny Brayden, you said the water was poop water. Bye lovely poop water. Bye Brayden." ----giggles--
Now my girls are running around laughing, saying "poop water".
OMG!! So I'm totally blog stalking off of Amber's blog. It's Melissa from Carsten's. How are you?? You look awesome and your family is adorable. I recently joined the blogging world too, send me an email and I'll send you an invite. harpercrew@gmail.com. So fun that I found you!!
Love it! That is so hillarous that your kids were calling it "poop water"! And go Liz for knee boarding...I didn't know you were such a pro! lol Cute pics!
What a blast! I can not believe how brave your kids are! Looks like tons of fun!
Okay, you are hilarious. These are not mad skills at all. I just tend to play around with stuff too much, usually screwing something up. When it works, it's kinda cool.
On my list of friends blogs it indicates when everyone's most recent post was. You can do that by going in to edit your blog list. You know the little box that pops up so you can add another friends blog? There's a sentence that says "most recent update" and a little box you can check. Check that box and your list of friends will be in order of the most recent post, and the approximate time they posted. It's fun because you can be alerted when someone post's something new, you don't miss anything and you can keep in touch a little easier.
Brooke's going to all day K, she is so ready. Last year she so wanted to go to school all day with her sister. She did not like that she had to wait until the PM. Then when she was released all together, she was ticked... at me. (Uh don't blame me, I wish you were there too sweetie ;)) How about Brayden, is he all day?
Question... were you at the lake today? As in the 16th? I thought I saw a radical chick kneeboarding this morning and thought that it HAD to be you!!!
Amber
Post a Comment